Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cavities

Well we are back from Evan's first fillings at the dentist.  It was traumatic for both of us.  He wouldn't sit in the chair so I had to consent for restraints...he clung to me and I had to pry him off while he was pleading.    It took 4 adults to get him in restraints...he may be skinny but he is strong! The laughing gas calmed him down but he still had tears in his eyes.  Then the drilling started and he giggled it tickled. So as soon as he was out of the chair he was FINE...just getting him to the chair was the heartbreaking part.  He left there with 3 fillings, a balloon animal sword he called his drill-sword and made whizzing sounds like a drill with it, and saying he wanted to be a dentist. I have a new respect for dental hygienists at pediatric dentistry locations; I cannot imagine doing that EVER again let alone for a living.


1 comment:

Nancy said...

Wow, that does sound traumatic. Thank God for laughing gas. I think the world would be a better place if laughing gas were more readily available to the masses!