Monday, February 18, 2013
Fast Friends
Everyone meet the newest Rigdon in the house. That's right, we adopted! It's a boy! Above is Mohammed Ali or "Ali" as we call him. We have been going through the process of adoption with the local Boxer Rescue organization (B.A.R.C.). We drove 2 1/2 hours to go and 'interview' our friend. Truth is, Jason fell in love with him via pictures weeks ago and we all knew he would come home with us. On the way there, Evan got to pick his name...his choices were our top 3: Mohammed Ali, Joe Louis, & Walter Matthau. Evan loved the nickname Ali...so there you have it.
Ali, had been being fostered by a family that had 2 other dogs and also a 5 year old boy. He is VERY affectionate, but certainly needs limits and training. We have our work cut out for us. He is an estimated 19 months old, and is very much a puppy.
On the way home, I heard Evan try to play "I spy" with Ali...and even whisper in his ear "I love you very much". Evan kept showing us how to make Ali smile by grabbing his jowls. Before Evan went to bed he insisted in reading Ali a bedtime story about dinosaurs. I love their relationship already.
Many more pictures to come, I am sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Great news! Love the pic (and the buzz cut)!!!!!
Post a Comment