Thursday, September 25, 2008

14 Months Old

The play by play action:

I sit in front of Evan and have a nice hot plate filled with my dinner,
Ev reaches out for my oven roasted potatoes to grab one,
I say HOT!
Evan looks at me stops what he is doing,
and replies HOT! HOT! HOT!
I laugh, yell for Jason,
I say Hot while Jason is making his way to come see,
Evan continues to say HOT for about 30 minutes.

Yesterday was Evan's 14th month birthday and to mark the occasion he learns a new word!

I then proceed to tell Ev the story of mommy's labor and Ev's entry into the world.
He looked at me and listened to every word, climbed off the couch and grabbed his
singing Eeyore and pushed the button and danced to the tune.

The windows were opened throughout the house, enjoying the first glimpse of Autumn.
I had a cup of hot cocoa in my hand,
Evan walks up and hands me his 1/2 finished bottle,
as if to say Trade?
He reaches for my mug,
I say HOT
Evan reaches his hand back quickly
and says HOOOOOWWWWTTTTT
We blew on the hot cocoa together and he gratefully took his first sip of winter.

No comments: