We drove to the hospital to find out some eager family members were already waiting for me (well, Evan).
The next day, on July 24, 2007 Evan Poet changed our lives.
To be honest here, turning 29 this year does not bother me at all. Evan turning 3 and being a 'big boy' is breaking my heart. I cry every time I think about it. (including now)
All parents know their children will grow up. I drank in these moments with Evan as much as possible. Many times stopping to smell his skin or stare at his face with the words of other mothers whispering 'enjoy it while it lasts' and 'it goes by so fast' in my ear.
I have guilt from working and going to school so much. I wish I had every second to be with my family.
Now here I sit wishing I could watch Evan with his little infant laugh again.
Oh, I am in trouble when he moves off to college.

Evan's favorite color is Red (today).

He says his favorite toy is Daddy.

He loves puzzles and building things. When I ask him if he is going to be an architect he replies, No I'm a Firefighter Mommy!

Evan loves play and pretend but he is very literal. When we call him 'monkey' or 'honey' most times he replies "I'm Evan Poet"

His favorite movies are Toy Story, Nemo, The Incredibles, and Star Wars

He loves to cook, read, and paint.
He is everything and more than I could have imagined.
<3
Okay, mommy is going to cry some more.
Happy Birthday Monkey
No comments:
Post a Comment