Monday, November 10, 2008

What a weird new word!





Evan has learned the word gourd. This is by the loving instruction from his Auntie Sarah, she was trying to calm his sleepy self down and decided to name all the items in the window front. Shirt, TV, pumpkin, gourd...and Evan interrupts with a replay GOURD. He then repeats Gourd 2 more times. Today at the grocery store we travel down the veggie aisle to find none other than a gourd section...to which Ev replies gourd.

My little gourd lover, has still been cutting the same 6 teeth he has been working on for WAY to long now. Which produces random outbursts and moments of intolerance. Today while I was home visiting on my lunch break Ev cried the entire time. When I changed him, hugged him. fed him, sang to him...you get the picture. We found out it was because we put him in footie pj's. (Which I happen to LOVE on him, but as of today he says that has to stop). I am hoping this changes when his teeth aren't bothering him so much.

I do fear this may make Grandma Judi's and Thanksgiving events questionable. His behavior is hopefully in check and his teeth lay off for the festivities.

I need to take Evan to get his Christmas pictures taken. Maybe after a LONG nap I can get some good shots worth putting in the Christmas cards.






Of all the foods I have given to Ev, would you believe the messiest was this muffin?



He LOVED it until about 1/2 way through were he just enjoyed smooshing it up and wiping it into his lap. I found muffin bits in his diaper an hour later! I needed a new outfit afterwards and even Razz wasn't helpful enough on the clean up...only a dust pan and bath were able to clean up this mess!

No comments: