So, last weekend off we went to see where it all started. A 3 hour car drive later we arrive to the wonderful ice sculpture exhibit. To .......HALT wait in line....when we went it wasn't like this, we weren't prepared for this! I see an end in sight, oh that is only to enter another line and....HALT wait in line....oh I see a band playing Christmas songs, okay Evan sit on daddy's shoulders to dance...
Oh here's another line, great we are almost at the front of it, oh wait ...HALT wait in line because we get roped off at the very front....I see the end in sight let's put on his jacket and hat...it is ONLY 9 degrees in there!
So that went well, it was all down hill from here and yet again....HALT wait in line....there were 3 more lines to wait in, I was hoping one of them was a free Vodka line after the trauma my normal loving son was inflicting on me. I wanted it all to stop, but then after our 2 hour wait...we were there....we didn't know then we should have just gone to the car and turned around....then it happened....the melt down...


Let's get a close up on this one, make sure to notice the 100% made of ice ginger bread house, fun fun...you would think we were making him eat brussel sprouts or something...okay here it is so nice you need to see it twice...
Okay, after this I begged passer-by rubber-neckers to buy a snack off them for $20 so Evan may be distracted then mama and dada left defeated.


Let's get a close up on this one, make sure to notice the 100% made of ice ginger bread house, fun fun...you would think we were making him eat brussel sprouts or something...okay here it is so nice you need to see it twice...
Okay, after this I begged passer-by rubber-neckers to buy a snack off them for $20 so Evan may be distracted then mama and dada left defeated....But wait all was not lost! When I had called Aunt Kelly for her mailing address to mail out her last minute Xmas card she mentioned she was in Orlando too. I was thinking meet for dinner or something...and we did! In EPCOT! Aunt Rusty had 2 free passes to after hours entry they were going to give away to some kids at the gate...they just didn't know those people would be us!...and YES! NO LINES!!!!!!! That was all I needed, to see a line-free place! Evan was in better spirits after eating in the car on the ride over to Epcot. We saw the NEATEST firework display of my life and ate dinner in Germany. A polka band preformed and we had front seats, another fortunate series of events. The day was salvaged thanks to SUPER AUNTIES! And in the nick of time, I was thinking of dropping Evan off to some couple in the parking lot of ICE! or checking myself into an asylum!


3 comments:
oh he's so cute anyway...melt down and all...LOL...you forgot to list his newest word thanks to me..his Auntie Kelly M...Easyyyyy...who knows what he thinks it is ...hmmm.could be snow , or anything else...LOL
Kelly,
We went to the zoo today and he was running and Jay was saying SLOW DOWN, and I stopped and said EASY and he stopped to jump up and down and yell EASSSYYYYY!
...there was definately No snow around, he may just figure it out afterall!....Christmas post to come shortly :)
AWWW! He is cute whether he is screaming or not! That gingerbread ice house was so rad! I am glad he enjoyed Epcot. The fireworks are really great there, I love that light show.
Post a Comment