Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Years Eve

Mama's Top 10 Moments of 2008:

10. Scariest Moment-Evan gets Roseola Virus, temp stays at 104 for over a day. Luke warm baths & Tylenol did nothing to break the fever. After high unbreakable fever sets in the rash, oh the awful rash. I just wanted to scoop up Evan and cuddle him in my arms and make everything better.

9. Funnest Moment- Evan says Mama as his first word. Mamamammamammamamamamaaaa was all that was said by Evan for days straight, nonstop. It was wonderfully exciting for me. Poor Daddy, but he has his revenge...I am now called Daddy too!

8. Worst Moment- ICE! hands down. Read below post if you are not up to date on this lovely day.

7. Adorable Moment- Evan walks around the house and hugs everyone Nigh Nigh and then hugs inanimate objects and kisses people in picture frame. Then realizes he is in his cousin's house and doesn't have a room so grabs a stuffed animal and sleeps in the middle of the room!

6. Heart Melting Moment- I glove eww. The 2 day love fest was breath taking...Evan has not said I love you since...but I am waiting!!!

5. Messiest Moment- Evan feeds himself grits. "Fisty grits" as daddy called it, fork in one hand but hand in the grits bowl.

4. Milestone- Evan's first haircut. We made an entire day out of the event. He sat down an infant and arose a lil' man. *TIE BREAKER* Evan turns 1 years old! Many people gathered on Thursday July 24th for a pizza party in honor of Sir Evan.

3. Sad Moment- Evan's Great-Grandpa Bill passed away at the beginning of the year and Evan never got to meet him. We heard his room had pictures of Evan on the wall.
*Runner Up* Packing up the infant onesies and seeing a closet full of toddler clothes. It is already flying by, on packing days daddy and mommy frown the entire time.

2. Jammin' Moment- Evan dancing to the Latin band at the Zoo, he stole the show! *TIE BREAKER* We took Evan to the Atlanta Aquarium and he wouldn't pass the entrance, he just ran from fish to fish saying FISHIE, he didn't care that the entire building had FISHIES!!!

1. Most Awesome Exciting Moment- Evan walks!!!




On New Year's Eve the Jacksonville Zoo hosts a 12noon count down for children. Jason took Evan down to play! The Ringling Brother's entertained while they waited for the countdown to begin and then had an apple juice toast!


1 comment:

girlinadream said...

I love him to pieces. Almost as much as I love "Evans Mom"