Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Words

Evan's vocabulary is growing extensively, if you notice on the right hand side of this blog I have them listed out (in order). I fear, the list is getting too long too quick and it will not be updated quick enough.

Evan has officially hit the 'parrot stage'. He repeats back about 70% of all the things we say to him. When I tell him a name or make an animal sound he repeats it, sometimes not very clearly. His COCKADOODLEDOO is pretty hilarious because it is all sorts of silly.

This week his favorite word is CAKE, we have cake in the house and as if my stomach isn't already asking for it I have Evan in my ear reminding me there is still more CAKE!

Next week Ev will be 18 months old. I can tell the difference in his face as he grows up, just week by week I see it. I wish it would stop, now I know what all of my friends with older kids mean...one day they are babies, next they are begging you for a ride to the mall.

I think we are going to start attempting 'time outs' soon. Ev is having terrible-two indicators and they aren't so angelic. Hitting and throwing are happening more than I would like to admit. Now I just need him to understand when he is in timeout it is a BAD thing and he must STAY THERE ((((GOODLUCK WITH THAT ONE, MOM)))). It may take awhile!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seamus already knows timeout and he attempted to tell Mom to take a timeout the other day...he's not yet got the vocabulary that Evan has but makes up for it with intensity in everything else...we kept him and had to put him in timeout ..WOW it was loud...but it does works...don't worry it'll only hurt you and Jason alittle to put him in timeout , it'll last until he goes to college LOL

Evan's Mom said...

Really!? Do you know how they started the timeouts? I was reading up on starting kids that young on timeouts and it says to sit with them in the corner at first....I NEED TIPS!!! Clue me in!

fiftieswife said...

Time-out with Lex was awful! With Maddy they call it the "think about it chair" and it seems to work out ok. Each kid is different and not all methods work with each kid. If time out doesn't work with him then you might have to try other avenues.