Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Lactose & Strep

Last Tuesday when I picked Evan up from playschool the teacher told me at lunchtime Evan drank an entire glass of milk and promptly threw it all up.

Saturday night Evan drank a glass of strawberry milk and threw up for hours. Sunday I decided Evan might be lactose intolerant, and google said that normally starts at age 2, which made it possible.

Sunday, Mother's Day, we were packed with plans which started with breakfast, then shopping for food to take to the beach, beach, then dinner. At the grocery store Evan was FREEZING, he was shivering when I took him in the 80 degree sun and looked glossy eyed. Our plans were modified at this point knowing Evan wasn't feeling well. I went home and took his temp, Fever. Looked for the Motrin and only had a 1/2 a dose so I ventured back out to realize they have recalled baby Tylenol and baby Motrin. Luckily, I found a generic which are safe.

Monday, the puking was back and I stayed home with Evan and babysat his fever of 103. When the ibuprofen was in his system he was acting 90% himself, but as it wore off he looked miserable. The Doctor confirmed strep and said he may have a virus on top of the strep, but that vomiting is sometimes a part of strep. While at the doctor we found out Evan is now 37.5 inches tall and was 30 lbs (granted he didn't keep anything down or have an appetite for days, prior to this he was weighing in at 32 lbs).

Daddy came home from work on Monday throwing up.

Tuesday, fever still persisted in Evan...while the meds were working he was fine and when they were fading from his system he was miserable. This accompanied with antibiotics and daddy who stayed home sick too we were going to beat this bug(s). Noontime mommy comes home vomiting many times that day with a fever of 101. Heard news that Auntie Meghan has strep and a high fever as well. Oi Vey.

Wednesday, no one is vomiting and Evan and mommy have fevers still. Hopefully, we will be all better and over this monstrosity. Being Quarantined is not fun. :(

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Ouch, that's a whole lotta vomiting. Hope you all are all well now!